Joiners Shop on Ann Street, Gatehouse of Fleet. The building goes back to 1783 when the plot was feued to Alexander Lillie, joiner. In 1864 the building was sold to Mr Murray Stewart of Cally and it was then that it was rented to the Samuel McKean family. In 1896 the building was sold to Agnes Foulds, the wife of James McKean, joiner, the son of Samuel. This property remained in the McKean family until 1946 when it was sold by the trustees of Mary Martin to William Hay, joiner. For many years the building was the Bay Horse Inn. Lat/Long 54.88280869, -4.18102217. (Photo courtesy of the McMurray Photo Collection at
Ann Street, Gatehouse of Fleet